cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Backup - Low Disk Space

Mark_Dee
Level 2
Hi

I am using Backup Exec Version 7170 with all updated patches.

I have a data backup and exchange backup jobs located on the same partition (removable hard disk). We have two of them and swap them over every night so that one gets taken offsite.

The data backup overwrite protection works fine, no problems.

However when the disk space is lower than what the exchange job requires, the exchange jobs will not overwrite previous jobs (the IMG folders). The job pauses when there is not enough space and in the devices section it says 'Low Disk Space' next to the removable drive where it is being backed up to.

In order for me to run the exchange backup job successfully, I have to manually delete older IMG folders to clear space and then pause and unpause the device to start the job.

As stated in a Symantec article i upgraded to version 7170 with all patches, it stated this should solve the problem but no good.

I have 0 overwrite protection set and have disable disk reserve option ( Also tried using a 1Gb disk reserve space). The exchange backup is approximately 5Gb.

I do not have any other partitions to use for the exchange backup, both the data and exchange backups are being backed up onto the removable hard disk.

I have gone through many symantec articles to solve the problem without luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.
0 REPLIES 0