cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Database Backup Fails While Others Succeed

RTMURRAY5
Level 1

I have a differential, weekly and monthly Exchange backup of ONE database fail while all the others in the backup job are successful. The error I'm getting is:

Final error: 0xe000fed1 - A failure occurred querying the Writer status. See the job log for details about the error.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65233

I've looked at most of the 'solutions' for this error online and none of them seem to make sense because it assumes that I'm only backing up one database. My job includes five mailbox stores (databases) and this one is the only one that fails during the job. So obviously something is working right. I created a backup job for just this one database and get the same error.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can look to resolve this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

NetworkCompany
Level 4

Exchange works better with more databases.  One for system management, another for public folders and a few for user mailboxes etc...

One cause of this problem is Microsoft's own anti-virus automatically installed with server 2016.  Exclude the Microsoft recommended items for Exchange.

Older Exchange servers can be plaged by incorrect memory and page file settings.  Modern Hyper-V servers do not support moving the page file off the C drive.  The page file must be fixed to memory + 10mb on the C drive only.

What version of Exchange and is it virtual, part of a DAG or a single server?