cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Information Store Backup Selection

Level 2
Under my options to backup for the Shadow copy Componet for my exchange server I have a folder called userdata. The previous technician did not check this to be backed up and I am unsure why.

THe information store is checked but not in the Shadow Copy components option. What are the differences between these two options?

THanks
3 REPLIES 3

ashwin_pawar_2
Level 3
Previous technician has done the right thing.

Exchange data should always be backedup from "Exchange Icon" and not from the Shadow copy components under user data otherwise both the Exchange Agent and the Exchange writres will try to back up the Exchange Information Store simultaniouly and hence can cause the failure.

Exchange writers are provided by Microsoft for performing exchange backup as an optional component incase you dont want to use exchange agent to backup stores but in any case exchange writers are visible only if you purchase exchange ICON.

BOttom line is "Backup data through exchange agent".

Resolution: Always exclude the exchange data from user data under Shadow copy components.

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
Please update us, if you have any further query
However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply