cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Information Store Not Available On Restore After Running Inventory

Mortinson
Not applicable

Hello,

I was attempting to do a restore for an individual mailbox via Backup Exec 2010 R2 backing up Exchange 2010 using GRT. When I look at my selection list through the restore, I see the IS and am able to drill down but can't actually see any individual mailboxes. I went through Symantec support docs regarding some steps to take to ensure my mailbox isn't hidden and it's initialized, so the next one I tried was to run an inventory on my B2D folder. After this completes, the option for IS is no longer available. It is backing up correctly without errors and my system logon account I use to access the resource is in all the proper groups. I do notice that the Exchange backup/snapshot of the DB is in am IMG folder rather than the typical B2D file. I can look at the external drive and see the actual files used to backup Exchange, however they are unavailable after the inventory. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

First of all please upgrade Backup Exec to latest build of BE2010 that is R3 .This will be free upgrade using the existing licenses and also would be inolace upgrade preserving all your configuration and setting and catalog.

BE 2010 R3  Installer -http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

(Same can be used for SBS)

So once you upgrade to BE2010r3 please install sp2 using live update and then install other updates after sp2 using live update and then finally upgrade remote agent on remote server.

Then check again with browsing through restore and see if that helps.

Thanks