Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Information Store etc not available for selection

Al_Wilson
Level 5
Hello,

Running 10d on Windows Server 2003 SP1.

When we browse to our Exchange cluster to select the Information Store, it does not appear in the selection list for either the Virtual server, or the 2 individual servers that form the cluster.

Exchange option is installed, and server was rebooted after installation.
In registry, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\User Interface, 'Enable Microsoft Exchange Shares' is set to '1', as is 'Enable Exchange Support' under 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Exchange'.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Al.Also ran an Exchange Discovery job on the domain, which did not spot the Exchange Cluster.

Message was edited by:
Al Wilson
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Do you have Exchange Admin installed on the media server? Haven't been involved with Exchange backup recently, but that used to be a requirement.

Al_Wilson
Level 5
Hi Ken,

Do you mean the actual Exchange application? If so, no. :) We have another backup server, also using 10d, that can see Exchange instances fine, and it has the 'Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server' installed, but no actual Exchange apps.

I would have thought that having 'Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server' installed would suffice!

Cheers,
Al.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
No, I meant the Exchange Administration console.

As I said, it has been a while since I was involved with Exchange backups, but back then, you needed either the Exchange Server itself or the Admin Console on the same machine as BackupExec, to get a couple of required DLLs on the media server.

But if you have one BackupExec media server seeing and backing up Exchange, then that is probably not the problem now days.

Any differences between the two media servers that could even possible be the cause? Are they all in the same Domain?, all on the same subnet? etc.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

You could enable "Restrict Anonymous Support" on both cluster nodes as well as the media server.

No Exchange resources visible in Backup Selections for Exchange cluster virtual node

http://support.veritas.com/docs/268946

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to the �answered questions� pool.

Al_Wilson
Level 5
Thanks for that mate, the technote worked a treat!

Cheers,
Al.

P.S. Thanks also to Ken for your input :)