Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Information Store invisible!

Dan007
Level 4
Media Server: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 x64
Exchange Server 2007: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 x64
Backup Exec 12.5 SP3 + hotfixes

Recently our Backup of Exchange Server 2007 has failed.  I realised that the Information Store was no longer visible when browsing the backup selection list, and after much Googling, found the following Symantec document: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/301181.htm

I have read this as best as I can, but even after adding the account used for backup to various groups, and hacking the resistry, the Information Store still isn't showing up.  The only change made I can think of that took place around the time of the problem was the updating of the remote agents on our servers..?  Perhaps I need to 'undo' this and see if this helps?

If anyone has had this issue or would like to comment, please do!

Many thanks,
Dan

3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6
Try this:

1. Browse to the \Setup\i386\Exchange\bin directory on the Exchange installation CD and then copy the ESEBCLI2.dll file.
2. Paste the esebcli2.dll file in \Program Files\Exchsrvr\Bin folder on the Exchange server.
3. Re-apply the latest Exchange Service Pack.
4. Restart the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers service on the Exchange server (if remote).
5. Restart all Backup Exec services on the media server.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Dan,

Sometimes removing and reinstalling the Exchange license helps. Give that a go if the above doesn't work and see if it fixes the issue.

Laters!

Dan007
Level 4
Thanks both of you for your help.  The prospect of re-applying the Exchange Service Pack gave us the fear, so for starters this morning I uninstalled the remote agent, and re-installed without the last 3 hotfixes that were release post 12.5 SP3.  Incredibly the information store is now visible.  Clearly there may or maynot be an issue with one of these hotfixes, and I suppose I will need to install them one by one and see if anything breaks!  I will let you know. Thanks again for your responses - If I don't use them this time, they make next time ;)

Regards,
Dan