cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Information Store job w/ encryption enabled causes beremote.exe to error out

Jim_S
Level 4
I'm using Backup Exec 11d build 7170 with all SP and hotfixes with the Exchange Agent to perofrorm a remote backup of our Exchange 2003 SP2 Information Store to a local Backup-to-Disk Folder.

I've been having problems with this job causing beremote.exe to fail with this error:

Faulting application beremote.exe, version 11.0.7170.6, faulting module ndmpsrvr.dll, version 11.0.7170.6, fault address 0x000933f0.

This then causes the Backup Exec Job Engine service to stop, as it is dependent.  At that point the job either fails, is canceled, or goes to recovery depending on how long it takes to restart the services and free up the media server.

Other jobs that do not involve MS Exchange back up properly (for the most part :) )

I've been troubleshooting this all day trying to see if there were any options in the job definition that may be causing this.  When I disabled encryption for the job in the Network and Security page of the job definition the job completes successfully.

If I re-enable encryption the job fails with similar results (beremote.exe fails).

Any ideas on this issue?  I work in banking, so the encryption is fairly important to us from a regulatory stance, and was the only reason we upgraded from 10d to 11d for the most part.

1 REPLY 1

Shawn_Calhoon
Level 2
Hi Jim,

I have the exact same problem. Can you clarify you configuration? Such as:

Are you using a 64-bit platform for your Media Server?
Is your Media Server a standard server or a domain controller?
What type of processors are you using?
Are you using GPT formatted disks for your B2DF location?