cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Mailbox Backup Job, very slow three weeks ago

rogergarcia
Level 3

I have a server with 4 Hyper-V server, two of them are Exchange Servers, one is CAS-HUB and the other is the Mailbox server, from three weeks ago, the Mailbox backup job is very slow.

I have two bakcup job, one for the four Hyper-V server, and other for the mailbox server only.

Normally the job rate was bettewn 2000 and 3000MB\min, for both Jobs, but now the Backup for the Mailbox Server is over 600 MB\Min maximo.

Now the Mailbox Backup job pass from 5-6 hours to 15-17 hours average, the other Job (Four Hyper-V) keep the rate over 2500-3000 MB\min.

You can see the problem in the picture. there wasn´t any change in the servers, from one day to another the jod began doing slower.

I am using 2008 R2 in all servers, and Backup exec is 2010 R2.

Any way to acelerate the jobin the mailbox server? Live update is updated and also the Backup exec remote agents.

7 REPLIES 7

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi First of all it would be good ,if you upgrade backup to 2010r3 sp2 and all updates. Once done it would be good to update your remote agent on remote server too. It is good be on latest build of backupexec which is fully up to date and more stable than earlier version. Thanks.

rogergarcia
Level 3

The problems was solved upgrading to BE 2010 R3,

but this problems happens three times in the last two years, in the past i had to unistall/reinstall the BE 2010 R2.

Thereis some solutions without unistall/reinstall or upgrade?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...this is normally sorted out by patches, or a TN asking you to make a change to the software/registry, or an upgrade.

Normally uninstalling/reinstalling isn't part of the picture...I have yet to see this as an official solution from Symantec!

rogergarcia
Level 3

The problem happend again, two weeks after 2010 R3 Upgrade, see the Mailbox Bakcup jod to understand the problem.

rogergarcia
Level 3

In this image look better, look the Mailbox Job, 21/08 4:23:18 hours to 2478MB\min, then the 22/08 17:35:36 hours and the Job rate Down to 529MB\min.

i have and open case right now by this.

I upgrade to 2010 R3 on 12/08 and the problem was solved, but it hapeend again since 21/08

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Please check in job history it will give you information when job started to run and actually what was the time when it started to backup first resource. So for example on 22nd job started to run at 9am completed in 17 hours that is almost 17 hours so check if it started to backup first resource at 9am or sometime later like after few hours and it was sitting idlle waiting for alert to be responded. Also please open the job of 21 and then open job log of 22 and click on expand all on both the job log and check on which resource it has taken time from both the job log. Thanks.

rogergarcia
Level 3

The mailbox server has three databases (Paica0, planta, rest), the problem is with all of them, in the picture i put one example wiht the Paica0 DB, 21-08 the backup job take 1:12:32 to backup and the 22-08 it take 5:19:26 to do the same.

Is equal with the other two databases, two o three more times to do the same job.

With the verify process isn´t problem, is very fast over 7000 MB\min

The job on 23-08 it take 19 hours and the job rate was 471MB\min.

Notice that i install windows upgrades in the mailbox server on 21-08, from that moment the slow rate began, i restart all servers, reinstall BE 2010 R3, but the problem persist.

Sorry my english, i am from Venezuela