cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Mailbox store appears blank in Backup exec 12.5

ffsmasher
Not applicable
I am running Windows Server 2003 and Backup exec 12.5 w/ all of the latest updates as of 6-16-2009. I am also running the latest remote agent as of 6-16-2009. The exchange server is Server 2003 w/ all of the latest updates as well.

I am backing up the public folder store and the mailbox store and some files. The job reports successful no errors what so ever. I am able to restore files just fine. However if I go to restore anything from the exchange information store there is nothing there, it appears blank.

I have attached a word doc that has a screen shot of the backup properties and a screen shot of when I try to restore.
2 REPLIES 2

DR0701
Level 5
Hi

You'll need to back up Exchange files to disk to allow the Granular Restore Technology (GRT) to work correctly - otherwise, you won't be able to restore individual messages and folders, only the entire Mailbox Store.

Doug.

heinreyn
Level 2
I have the same problem;
GRT used to work, but suddenly stopped and now I can't restore single mailboxes anymore (see screenshot). As far as I know, nothing was changed recently.
We back up to tape (via temporary c:\temp folder) and there is enough space on the disk.

I don't see what's wrong or what might have been changed. What specific settings do I need to check?

thanks

***edit***
ok, I just saw that the logon account was hidden from exchange address lists. I will check tomorrow if things worked out.