I am trying to do a backup on our Email Server that is on an Exchange and I get this error: An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of \\EMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes. The Logon account you specified must correspond to a unique mailbox. For Example "Admin" isn't unique if there is an "Administrator" account." What do I do to make it unique so I can backup the mailboxes?
The logon account used for backup must have a mailbox in the Exchange organization. The Backup Exec uses this mailbox to access user mailboxes. Please perform below given steps that will help you in resolving the issue:
1. Create a new user account (for example "bkadmin").
2. Make "bkadmin" a member of Domain and local Administrator group of the Exchange server.
3. Start System Manager -> Right click the organization to start "Delegate control" wizard and grant "bkadmin" user "Exchange Full Administrator" rights
4. Create a mailbox for "bkadmin" account.
5. Configure Outlook profile for "bkadmin" account and send/receive mails.
6. Make sure this account is common logon account. To accomplish this follow the steps given below.
- Start Backup Exec - Select Tools > Wizards > Logon account wizard - Add new logon account, type in the credential for the new account. - Make this account a common logon account. - Complete the wizard.
9. Create a new backup job, perform the backup and observe the results.