cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Restore Error - when restoring the information store

Rehan_Shaikh
Level 3
Hi

the error message I receive when I try to restore the information store on a different exchange server which is part of a cluster is the following;

Unable to attach to one of the drives

The information store was backed up from a virtual exchange node that no longer exits as part of the cluster. However I need to recover all boxes on to another virtual exchange node.

The veritas agent is installed on the server were the information store is being redirected too. However, I'm still unable to perform the restore.

I'm running exchange 2003 with SP1 on windows 2003 server.

p.s. its not an issue with the account not having proper privileges when performing the restore. First thing thatwas checked.

Any help would be appreciated
3 REPLIES 3

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hallo,

Please refer to the following document :

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266177

Also have a look at the following document :

http://support.veritas.com/docs/234628

Please reply to us if the you have further queries or if the issue persists.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions"pool.

Rehan_Shaikh
Level 3
Hello,

I have tried both threads that you have suggested; unfortunately they seem to have had no impact in resolving the issue.

I still receive the error message unable to attach to one of the drives.

This has lead me to investigate if I can restore anything on the drives in question. I was successful able to restore files on those allocated drives where the information store is falling with the error message.

I have also tried redirecting the restore to an exchange server outside the cluster but still receive the same error.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Is the remote agent installed on the virtual node that you are backing up and the exchange agent license on the media server?

Is Backup Exec cluster aware?

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.