cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Restore Failed - 0xe0008488 - Access is denied - V-79-57344-33928

symsks
Level 3
Versions:
Exchange 2003 (SP2) on Windows 2003 Server (SP2)
Backupexec v11D 7170 (SP2 + hotfixes 31-34)

---
BACKUPS - were initially taken with a older job converted from 10D.  The job did not have 'enable individual mailbox restore' enabled/selected.  So, it only backed up the information store;  This is in reference to backups made with the 11D version (only the job itself is one converted/etc from 10D).

I see in the backup history/logs that the Information Store on my Exchange server backed up and restored OK.

Problem is that now we're trying to restore the IS to a Recovery Storage Group and also a third-party utility (Quest Recovery Manager for Exchange) but keep getting the error below.  Regardless of what account we're using for the restore (backupexec, exchange admin account, domain administrator account ,etc).  All permissions/etc are correct and reverified multiple times.  It is just restore the IS to either the RSG or Quest RME that it keeps failing. 

It will start off the job with 86 bytes of data.  After 40 minutes, it will always fail at 36,700,610 bytes with the error as listed below. 

I see a tape that we have the 'enable individual mailbox restore' is restoring fine.  Just not the old tapes where that option was not enabled.  Sym Enterprise support hasn't been able to help at all and has automatically closed our tickets without getting back to us on anything (even after asking for the vxgather logs).  This all might be related to a 'memory leak' error we had on the exchange remote agent.  A brick-level backup of the machine at the time would always crash the remote agent.  Thus, we did away with the brick-level backups.

ERROR:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928
0 REPLIES 0