cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Server 2007 SP3 upgrade always failed due to the Backup agent ?

James_Winslow
Level 5

Hi,

I don't know why everytime I tried to manually upgrade Exchange Server 2007 SP1 into SP3 directly on my WIndows Server 2003 as DOMAIN\Administrator (Enterprise admin role) I always end up in the following error state one of them being beremote it must be i need to stup / uninstall Backup Exec remote agent before I install the SP3 ?

Summary: 3 item(s). 0 succeeded, 3 failed. 
Elapsed time: 00:00:27

Hub Transport Role Prerequisites
Failed

Error:
You must be a member of the Exchange Organization Administrators group to upgrade the first Hub Transport server role in your organization to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3.

Error:
Setup cannot continue with the upgrade because the 'beremote' () process (ID: 1472) has open files. Close the process and restart Setup.

Elapsed Time: 00:00:15

Client Access Role Prerequisites
Failed

Error:
You must be a member of the Exchange Organization Administrators group to upgrade the first Client Access server role in your organization to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3.

Error:
Setup cannot continue with the upgrade because the 'beremote' () process (ID: 1472) has open files. Close the process and restart Setup.

Elapsed Time: 00:00:05

Mailbox Role Prerequisites
Failed

Error:
You must be a member of the Exchange Organization Administrators group to upgrade the first Mailbox server role to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3.

Error:

Elapsed Time: 00:00:05

can anyone suggest to me how to proceed please ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Symanticus
Level 6

James,

I can only answer the Symantec BEremote matter as I don't have full knowledge of your current active directory structure, if possible you'll need to make sure that the DOMAIN\Admin account is also member of Exchange administrative groups

As for the Backup Exec Remote Agent service on your exchange server. Re-run setup and you should be good to go. I dont remember SP3 asking for a re-boot of the server so you'll need to start the remote agent servce after completion.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

I don't think baclupexec remote agent has got anything with upgrade from sp1 to sp3 of exchange 2007 but if it is then for isoation you can stop Beremote service on exchange server & disable it too

& see if that help

Thank You

Symanticus
Level 6

James,

I can only answer the Symantec BEremote matter as I don't have full knowledge of your current active directory structure, if possible you'll need to make sure that the DOMAIN\Admin account is also member of Exchange administrative groups

As for the Backup Exec Remote Agent service on your exchange server. Re-run setup and you should be good to go. I dont remember SP3 asking for a re-boot of the server so you'll need to start the remote agent servce after completion.

James_Winslow
Level 5

Albert,

yes I thought so, glad to hear that the server doesn't need to be restarted.