cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Server Backup

catchsreekanth
Not applicable

Hello,

I need to ( full server backup) back up my exchange server 2007 installed on Server 2003.Could you please guide me the steps.

How can i restore it into a different hardware.

Thanks in Advance

Sreekanth

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

To backup Exchange, just select the Microsoft Information Store under the server.

You would probably not succeed in using BE to restore a new server onto new hardware because of driver incompatibility, etc.

newsolutionBE
Level 6

Hi

If you need to take full server backup of exchange then you can backup C , System state & shadow copy components & Information store for exchange.

Regarding restoring capability to different h/w you cannot restore to dissimilar h/w with backupexec as it is mean to protect the server you do backup of to restore to dissimilar h/w you can think of using option of BESR. BESR would do block level backup that will backup the entire image of your server & will have capability of restoring it to different h/w

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...it's quite possible to restore Exchange to different hardware as it basically doesn't care what it's on. There you're wrong, but right on restoring a full server...which the OP wasn't asking about.