Exchange Storage Group Restoration Script

Andrew_Lister
Level 2
My problem is that using the bemcmd -o90 -f
5 REPLIES 5

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- Is the user name that you are currently using have domain admin as well as Exchange Full Admin rights?
- Does this happen only for exchange restores or all restores?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Andrew_Lister
Level 2
Username has Exchange Full Admin rights as well as being a Domain Admin.
If I run the job from the GUI using the same user, it works fine. The username is also the System Logon Account user. I only need to restore Exchange. I don't have an SQL/Lotus Notes server to compare restorations.

Thanks,
Andrew

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

For the following error you can refer to the following link:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/260977

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thank You.

Andrew_Lister
Level 2
I have read this!!! It is NOT HELPFUL sorry...
This is for a FILE redirection to the same server!

For redirecting an EXCHANGE restore to ANOTHER server,
this document does not explain it.
I'm SURE of it.

Look- I'm restoring an Exchange backup to another Exchange server in my Exchange organisation. I'm running the job using credentials that are not only Domain Admin, but also EXCHANGE FULL ADMINISTRATOR for the Exchange Organisation!
If I do this from the GUID it works PERFECTLY. If I do it with a script, the 'Server Logon Account' box in the Exchange Redirection section is left BLANK. Therefore it has no Account to use to logon to the remote Exchange Server. Regardless of what you put in USERNAME=

If only someone at Veritas would TRY this, they would see what I mean. I have a lot of experience working with BackupExec, and scripting with the bemcmd tool. I've tried everything.... please help!

Regards,
Andrew

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please verify that the account you use when running the job from the BE console is the default account in BE and then run the script.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.