cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange agent on Backup Exec 10d

lark2056
Level 3

I have a backup exec server10d with the agent for Microsoft Exchange server license installed on it.  I have an exchange server 2003 in my environment and I currently am backing up the informtion stores on it. I have another exchange server (that I have pushed the remote agent to) that I want to start backing up.  This one is going to replace the old exchange server very soon.  When I go to the selection list to choose what I want to backup for the new exchange server, I don't see the 3 exchange specific checkbox options, those being

1.Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes

2.Microsoft Exchange Public Folders

3.Microsoft Information Store

They show up just fine on the old exchange server when I drill down to it in the selection list. 

My assumption is that when I uninstall the remote agent from the old exchange server, backup exec will see it and release the exchange functionality to the new server becasue I probably only have one license.  At least, that is what I hope will happen. 

If anyone has any info on why I can't see those 3 exchange specific options, or if I am right, please let me know.  Thanks.

lark2056

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Have you installed the remote agent on the new Exchange server too?

in v10, you need the RA to connect to a remote server in any way, including any Databases it contains

lark2056
Level 3

Yes, I have it installed.  I forgot about this. I was able to solve this.  I had to go into the registry and enable anonymous support in the registry on each exchange server in the cluster.  After that, it showed up when I clicked on the cluster name of the exchange server.  Thanks for trying to answer this!