Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange error

lanloun
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

Note that when backing up the active copy, the exchange server was getting loaded and the end users were nno longer able to send and receive emails during the backup. So i changed the backup job to take a backup of the passive copy instead. The issue got solved and the backups became faster. However the excchange jobof the passive copy is now failing with the following error:

Final error: 0xe000037b - Using the job settings, Backup Exec attempted to back up the passive copy of the Exchange database. However, the passive copy was not available after the Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot was performed. Try to run the job again. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-891

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup-

V-79-57344-891 - Using the job settings, Backup Exec attempted to back up the passive copy of the Ex...

Backup
Writer Name: Microsoft Exchange Writer, Writer ID: {76FE1AC4-15F7-4BCD-987E-8E1ACB462FB7}, Last erro...

I enabled the AOFO and enabledthe VSS service and microsoft shadow copy provider and set them to manual but the job failed as well. Then i disabled the AOFO but the job failed as well. I tried rebooting the server but the job failed as well. What could be the reason for the failures?

How can I solve the issue?

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3

Sym-cr
Level 5

Hi Ianloun,

Check the VSS Writers on your exchange server (Open CMD Prompt window as an Administrator and type vssadmin list writers) and verify if they are stable with no errors.

Below mentioned articles might help you.

1. When attempting to backup Exchange 2007 resources configured with either Local Continuous Replication (LCR) or Cluster Continuous Replication (CCR), the backup job will intermittently fail with 0xe000fedd, 0xe000037b, 0xe00084af or 0xe000846b errors

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH61607

2. How to troubleshoot Exchange VSS writer failures such as v-79-57344-65233 a failure occurred querying the Writer Status

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209938

Thanks!!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...what version of Windows do you use? If Server 2003, download the latest VSS ROllup Patch, install it and try again without AOFO which isn't recommended for DB backups anyways.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the version of Exchange ? If running Exchange 2007, pls ensure it is patched with SP3 and Rollup 1.