cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange incremental backup jobs fail

zak2011
Level 6

Hi,

I am getting the following error message while backing exchange server incremental jobs.This has happened after the installation of SP1a.

Job ended: 14. juni 2012 at 01:12:25
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759

27 REPLIES 27

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you also update the remote agent ?

Did you run a full backup with SP1a first, and then an incremental ?
If not, run a full backup first, then another incremental to see if the error is gone.

zak2011
Level 6

No i did not update the remote agent. I have done this now.

I have actually started doing a full backup of the particular database that failed before i posted my comment. Should i do a full backup of all the databases?

Thanks!

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

A full backup is always recommended after installing a hotfix/patch/service pack.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH186717 
Post requisites

- A full backup is required after installing this hotfix.

zak2011
Level 6

Thanks Zerocool for bringing this to my attention. I shall do a full backup and update the post.

zak2011
Level 6

The full backups ran successfully however the incrementals are failing with the following message

Backup- \\EXCHSRVXX.company.local\Microsoft Information Store\BCC-DB06 Unlimited
V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation. The following error was returned when opening the...

What could be the problem?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did the incremental backups run fine with BE2012 (no SP1) ?

What is your  Exchange version ?

I think it is wise to contact Symantec Support to inform them about this issue. They may be able to gather detailed logs from your environment for further troubleshooting.

zak2011
Level 6

Previously when SP1 was installed, it caused the services to crash, so i had to uinstall it. Once SP1a was installed , the incremental backups started failing after installing SP1a.

Exchange version is 2010.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Do you have the same version of the Exchange Management Tools installed on your BE server ?

zak2011
Level 6

I have the same version of Exchange Management Tools installed on the BE server.

zak2011
Level 6

I apologize for the wrong information i gave in the previous post..i just ran the BE support tool and found that the Exchange Management tools version is not the same. How do i match it to the current exchange version. Could you help me with this:?

Thanks

zak2011
Level 6

I already have exchange management tools installed on the media server. How do i update it to make it the same version as exchange. When i tried running setup, the management tools was already checked and greyed. Do i need to remove it from the Backup Exec server and then install it again?

Please advise!

Thanks!

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What is your Exchange SP version ?

If it is (for example) SP2, run he setup of Exchange 2010 SP2 on your BE server, and install the Exchange Management Tools only.

For Rollup Updates the same, get the same version as on your Exchange server, and run the setup. It will only update the required files.

zak2011
Level 6

Thanks ZeroCOOL, I have done this and updated the console to the same version now. I shall run a backup tonight and see how it goes.

Thanks!

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Perfect. Please update tomorrow with the results.

zak2011
Level 6

Hi,

The backup job failed again.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

zak: remove SP1a and try running the backup job. Make sure it completes successfully. If it does, run LiveUpdate once more and install SP1a, and try the job again!

zak2011
Level 6

Hi Craig,

Tried uninstalling SP1a, but not able to remove it. When i go to Progams and Features and click on installed updates and go to sp1a i dont get any uninstall option. Not sure why?

Thanks!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...apparently you can't. I got a PM about that. Only other way would be to uninstall BE 2012 and then reinstall it again. sad

zak2011
Level 6

That means i wouldnt be able to remove SP1a would I.