cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange issues on backup

Ken_M
Level 3

Hi,

I have just set up BUE 2012 to backup our single Exchange server. I run one backup for the Exchange components including all drives. I also run one backup for Dedupe of the the C-drive, Utility partition and the System State.

My first good backup with the new system was yesterday daytime, but scheduled incremental backup came up with errors. One error being:

The Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange was not used to create the last full backup of this database. You must use the Exchange Agent to run a full backup before you run a differential or incremental backup.

The Exchange databases and log files are not kept on the C-drive.

Am I correct that the issue is using the 2-backup sets of one for dedupe-C-rive plus and the other for all that is Exchange? If so would running the entire Exchange on Dedupe work for GRT restores?

Thanks

Ken

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you using a VM?  If yes, did you do a VM backup after your Exchange full backup?

Ken_M
Level 3

Hi,

No VM in use for our Exchange. I do the Dedupe of C everyday though.

I just looked at the logs again and found the same error again. In the logs for the Dedupe it shows successful backups. The first run of the backup of the Exchange components runs successfully too.

The following happens after having completed a manual backup of the DB's has completed successfully. Here are both errors I am getting during the backup of the databases:

V-79-57344-862 - The Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange was not used to create the last full b...

V-79-57344-915 - Unable to complete the operation. The following error was returned when opening the...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Try the solution in this document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH169060