cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange mailbox name change NOT showing in Vertias backup v9

mr2nut123
Level 4
I have recently changed the username for a new starter and changed both the alias and simple display name in Exchange.  I have also changed the x400 connector and everything that is possible to change.  I have waited 2 days for the changes to take effect to which they haven't.  Is there a cache that Vertias Backup looks at that needs to be refreshed at all? 

The backup just keeps failing.  Within the Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes addin, it shows the new persons name ok, but then to the side, rather than having the same name in square brackets, it has the old users name.

How can this be changed please?  I have had problems renaming Exchange accounts in the past with the old name showing in Outlook still etc.
4 REPLIES 4

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Backup Exec generates the selection list automatically by cotacting the exchange server . The only thing installed on the exchange server is the remote agent can try reinstalling the remote agent but I dont think that will help as the Be displays what information it gets from the exchange ,

mr2nut123
Level 4
So each time you click on the Exchange Mailbox selection, it refreshes to the current mailboxes on the Server, right?  So it's not a Vertias issue, it's something that hasn't changed properly on the Server?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As there are properties in AD that are set when you first create an account - but are not visible in any of the standard users interfaces (i.e. ExchangeLegacyDN property ) Would suggest you look at all the mailbox account properties in Active Directory using an LDIFDE export or ADSI Edit - something probably has the old name still that Backup Exec uses. Note for both of these tools you kind of need to understand what you are doing.

mr2nut123
Level 4
The ExchangeLegacyDN was indeed set to the old username.  I have changed it to reflect the new name but Veritas still sees User A [User B] rather than User B [User B]

Does anyone know exactly how Veritas gets this information from?  Is there any cache on the Server that it refers to first before refering to the Exchange Server?  To me, it opens the mailbox section a bit too fast to be getting the info fresh from the Server each time so it looks like it's refering to cache for previous backed up items...