cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange not backing up

S_Cooney
Level 3
Hi,

I am having huge problems getting the Exchange server to backup.

The error message I get is:
Backup - \\servername\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied. Access denied to database.

Obviously it is not an option to exclude this. All tests run fine.
5 REPLIES 5

S_Cooney
Level 3
Anyone? I am in the **** if I dont get this sorted. I might aswell go back to using NTBackup and waste all the money ive spent on an Exchange license.

S_Cooney
Level 3
PLease?

Administrator1
Level 3
Hi,
> All tests run fine.

You tested that your access credentials are ok? Check that by selecting the Backup selection list containg the Exchange IS. Select Properties and than Ressource Credentials. Run all tests...

What do the tests say?

Gerhard

S_Cooney
Level 3
Hi,

This was the first thing I did. All tests report successful using server credentials

S Cooney

Vance_Renninger
Level 3
In my environment, I have seen all of these. The Access Denied was caused by:

a) Disabled mail-boxes. Had to remove them from the BE job selection list.
b) Deleted mail-boxes that were not completely purged from Exchange. Had to go into Exchange and permanetely remove them.
c) Or, if you are performing a GRT backup of Exchange, and if you have a file path to a specific e-mail message that is longer than 255, you will also get the Access Denied Messages. Had to rename folders in Outlook with a smaller name.

By turning on advanced report logging, you can generally pinpoint exactly what is causing the error message, when the backup job is running.

See the following post for more information:

http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/thread.jspa?messageID=4481044&#4481044Message was edited by:
Vance Renninger