cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange restore - individual items

Ren__Iversen
Level 3

Hi,

I'm running Backup Exec 2010 and Exchange Server 2007 in a CCR configuration.

I've been looking around and haven't been able to find a clear answer.

Say I need to restore the entire inbox from 2 years ago of an existing user. Is it possible to redirect the old inbox to a subfolder in the current mailbox? e.g. to 'Inbox\Restored Items'. If possible, what's the syntax in the 'Restore to Mailbox' textfield in the 'Microsoft Exchange Redirection' page?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes you will be able to restore the complete mailbox to another user mailbox. But it can not be restore to any specific folder in that destination mailbox. All the emails will be merged in the current Inbox. If there is any folder in the backups then even that folders will be created inside the destination mailbox.

But it can not be restored to any specific Folder.

In the Exchange Redirect restore page, you have to enter the mailbox name or the Alias name of the user to whose mailbox you want to restore the data.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sush---
Level 6

Yes you will be able to restore the complete mailbox to another user mailbox. But it can not be restore to any specific folder in that destination mailbox. All the emails will be merged in the current Inbox. If there is any folder in the backups then even that folders will be created inside the destination mailbox.

But it can not be restored to any specific Folder.

In the Exchange Redirect restore page, you have to enter the mailbox name or the Alias name of the user to whose mailbox you want to restore the data.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Ren__Iversen
Level 3

OK, thanks for a clear answer

Sush---
Level 6

If you have got the required information then I would request to mark the appropriate response as Solution.

Thanks,

-Sush...