Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange server, restore failing with Backup Exec 2010

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi,

Anyone help me on this issue.

I need to restore mail box from exchange server with Backup exec 2010, its getting fails with below error.

I checked port 10000 with remote agent, its opened and I reinstalled remote agent on exchange server from Backup Exec media server and again getting same error.

Restoration-srv-exchange01.vitaberry.localRemote Agent not detected on srv-exchange01.vitaberry.local.

RestauraciónV-79-57344-3844 - The media server could not connect to the remote agent on the computer srv-exchange01.vitaberry.local.

Restoration-srv-exchange01.vitaberry.localV-79-57344-3844 - The media server could not connect to the remote agent on the computer srv-exchange01.vitaberry.local.

Thanks in Advanced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

yes, I can telnet 10000

Issue got resolved, its due to Backup Exec credentials.

Now, its working fine.

Thank you...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Do you have multiple NIC's on either machines?  Go to the Network & Security section of the job and choose a particular NIC and IPv4

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Thanks..

Let me check...

rendersr
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Ping reply's are ok I presume?

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

yes, its ping

Backup is running fine for this Exchange server.

Only restore is getting fail with below error.

The job failed with the following error: Could not connect to the media server to the remote computer. Maybe the remote computer is not running Backup Exec

Note : I tried to add Exchange server name and  ip address entry in Backup Exec 2010 media server´s hosts file, but still its getting same error.

Thanks.

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Environment Information :

Backup Exc 2010

Exchange Server 2007

rendersr
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Is there a firewall in between? Can you telnet on port 10000?

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

yes, I can telnet 10000

Issue got resolved, its due to Backup Exec credentials.

Now, its working fine.

Thank you...

charlespanth
Not applicable

Hi,

This issue has been solved easily and thanks to NBU_13 for recommending a good solution but if in future if there is a similar problem of backup restore from the Symantec Backup then you can go in for any third party tools.

Thanks.