cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude Backup Exec from live update

Pechar
Level 3

Hello,

I have a Backup exec 2010 R3 on 2003 server everything worked fine until corporate Symantec Enpoint Protection was installed. BE overtake liveupdate setting from SEP and now is trying to update from local symantec update server, which does not have BE configured, so BE is not updated anymore.

Is there any way how to force BE to use Symantec update server and not local one?

Problem is that I dont have access to corporate SEP settings...

Thanks for tips

VP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

a common liveupdate is used between BE & SEP, however if you optout, BE would not get updated when LU for SEP is run & if you addBE, it would receive update only from the external Symantec Liveupdate server..

possibly, Liveupdate is corrupted...best to reinstall Liveupdate, optout & addbe ....you may download liveupdate 3.3 from http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/home_homeoffice/products/lu/lu/files.html

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Pechar
Level 3

Hi,

thank you for the tip, but I saw this before and it is not what I am looking for.

This manages only if BE is or is not updated regulary with every run of LU.

I tryed all options, and BE is still asking local update server for updates. No metter if optin or optout is used.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I had seen simalr issue in the past and it was because of the policy created on the SEP manger because of which the client connected to the SEPM server to download the updates and as BE updates are not there it use to Fail .

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

a common liveupdate is used between BE & SEP, however if you optout, BE would not get updated when LU for SEP is run & if you addBE, it would receive update only from the external Symantec Liveupdate server..

possibly, Liveupdate is corrupted...best to reinstall Liveupdate, optout & addbe ....you may download liveupdate 3.3 from http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/home_homeoffice/products/lu/lu/files.html

Pechar
Level 3

After some cleaning and updating I am getting updates from global symantec...

Common upgrade did not help.

Thanks!