cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude a selection from a backup task

jjimenez
Level 4

Hi, some months ago I create a backup task from different servers.

One week ago we renamed the server.

The task reports an error because the server doesnt exist any more.

How can I exclude the server from the backup, considering that I cant rename the server to their old name.

This situation happened with folders, some people from the IT departmente change the name and an error was reported. What I do is create again the folders and then exclude from the backup, and save the task.

But with servers I dont know what to do.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

Please open the existing selection list & then click view selection details which is text mode & then please remove the old server or rename server & save the selection & then go to resource credntial & check all resources are tested properly

This should fix the issue

Please mark the post solved if resolves the issue

Thank You

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

Please open the existing selection list & then click view selection details which is text mode & then please remove the old server or rename server & save the selection & then go to resource credntial & check all resources are tested properly

This should fix the issue

Please mark the post solved if resolves the issue

Thank You

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi 

Any updates here 

Can you please mark the post solved if issue is resolved

Thank You

RRE
Level 6

Hi there,

Right click on the affected job & click edit selection list , go to "view selection details" & you can see the old server name . Highlight it & then remove it . save the selection by selecting OK. Run the jobs according to the schedule & it should not refer to the old server name . In order to confirm your steps , you can go to Resource credentials tab on the left & make sure the old server name is not listed. If it does , go back to view selection details & remove the entry . Select OK once you are sure you removed the correct entry.

Regards

RRE

jjimenez
Level 4

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer, I read the your answer just some minutes ago.

I thought that If the selection doesnt appear in the "view by resource", it shouldnt appear in the selection details.  mmm... Something new to learn today.

Thanks