cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude files in folder which are older then X days

syed_jahanzaib
Level 5

I am taking full backup of my servers with BE2014. I have excluded an folder, but I just wanted to know that if its possible to EXCLUDE files in this folder which are older then 10 days? enlightened

Actually this folder contains archives which updates on daily basis, and we need to take backup archive which are only 10 days old.
Files older then 10 days should not go into backup.

As a workaround I have created a simple dos batch script, which moves files older then 10 days into another folder which is EXCLUDED from the backup process. But I just wanted to know if there is any workaround in BE itself.

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes, there is such an option in BE. You can enable the option " Files not accessed in X days ". Verbatim from the Admin Guide ~

To exclude files from a single backup job:-
¡ Create or edit a backup definition.
¡ In the Backup box, click Edit.
¡ In the left pane, select Exclusions.
¡ Click Insert.

To exclude files from a backup definition:-
¡ Create or edit a backup definition.
¡ In the Selections box, click Edit.
¡ On the Selection Details tab, click Insert and then
select Add Backup-Level Exclusion.

To globally exclude files from all backups:-
¡ Click the Backup Exec button.
¡ Select Configuration and Settings, and then select
Job Defaults.
¡ Click Exclude Selections.
¡ Click Insert.

Now, you can specify the resource, path and the option " Files not accessed in X days".

syed_jahanzaib
Level 5

I know the option "Files not accessed in X days"

BUT what I need is to "Files OLDER then X days" should not go into backup.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Then, what you could do is choose the "Files Dated" field. This will allow you to either set an "Include" for files which are less than 10 days old or set an "Exclude" for files which are older than 10 days.

However, this method would involve modifying the dates period on a regular basis and the existing method which you are using may be more convenient.