cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding qmgr?.dat

Olan_Wilson
Level 3
I found KB document #269411 that talks about adding registry keys to exclude these files, but do I need to make these registry changes on all my servers? I tried adding \\*\c:\**\qmgr?.dat to the "Excludes" selection list, but it gives me an error that says "No selections exist for this resource." If I specify the server name and the full path it works, but why can't I use wildcards? I thought this was the purpose of the Excludes list.
5 REPLIES 5

Olan_Wilson
Level 3
No answers?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Well the TechNote you reference starts out

1. Log on to the computer as an administrator

They don't say log on to the Media Server, so I would think that you would need to make the registry changes to the computers being backed up. 'Course you don't actually have to go to each server, you can do this from the comfort of your desktop . . .

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
You can use the following:-

\\*\**\qmgr?.dat /subdir /exclude

Or you can make the change as per the article on each server to be backed up.Message was edited by:
John Chisari

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

If that does not answer your query could you please get back with an update.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.