cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exec 16 License Examples

KnowledgeSeeker
Level 2

Hi,

I am reading the Backup Exec 16 licensing guide and do not understand the traditional licencing examples.

Example A gives 2 windows files server and 1 exchange server. It says the example needs 1 Backup Exec Server, 2 Windows Agents and 1 Agent for Applications and Databases.

However the same document says that the Agent for Applications and Databases and Backup Exec Server each includes "1 Agent for Windows ...for the same server that the Application or Database/Exec Server is being installed on."

Do the examples assume that the backup exec physical server is not listed in the example? If so that should be mentioned in the document.

Another question I have which does not get addressed in the document, as far as I can see, is if a physical server has multiple applications like Exchange and MS SQL server. I guess one license is required.

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

The application agent and the media server agent each come with the RAWS agent. If you buy an application agent, it allows you to install the RAWS agent on an Exchange server for instance...essentially a one-stop shop.

The media server has a RAWS agent (used in communication between the services and the media server itself) as part of the base license.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Another question I have which does not get addressed in the document, as far as I can see, is if a physical server has multiple applications like Exchange and MS SQL server. I guess one license is required.

Wrong.  You need 2 Agent for Applications and Databases, one for each for Exchange and MS SQL server