cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exec 2010 R2- 3Mb/Minut

faisal7c
Level 4

Hi,

My job wrinting is very poor, per minuts only 3Mbps, what will be the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

faisal7c
Level 4

Hi All,

Thanks for the support, at last i found the solution from HP, it was compatibilty issue with controller, i replaced the controller and sas cable. its wroking now.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the destination device, disk or tape drive?

What type of data is being backed up ?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Is this local data or networked data?

Writing to Tape or Disk?

If tape, have you tried the latest Symantec drivers?

if on a W2K3 server, shut down all BE services and try an NTbackup of the same data.  Any difference in speed?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check that the disks for the source and destinations of your backups are not fragmented.  If they are, defrag them.

faisal7c
Level 4

Hi,

I'm using windows 2008 server with LTO-Ultruim-4 drive and files are saved in locally,

Tape is using for backup

Exec 2010 has installed all the updates, when i run any job the fist few seconds the job rate is 45Mb/Min(some time 100mbps/Min) then it will dicrease to till 1mb/Min some time 3mb/Min( with in one minutes its happend)

When i run job to disk backup, its working(i'm getting between 400 and 600mbps/Min)

What will be the issue?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check that the disks of your server is not fragmented.  If they are defrag them.

If you are backing up a lot of small files, then the slow speed is to be expected.  It takes more time to read a lot of small files versus read a couple of big files.

faisal7c
Level 4

It doesnt matter how small/big the file, for me i have same result.

any anther remedies ?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can try to run the Windows Backup tool, and see what kind of performance you will get.

Also check with you tape manufacturer if there is a tool availble to test it and/or update the firmware of the tape device.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

It it a Quantum Library? If yes see this thread

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/slow-tape-backup-be2008-r3-quantum-superloader3

faisal7c
Level 4

Hi All,

Thanks for the support, at last i found the solution from HP, it was compatibilty issue with controller, i replaced the controller and sas cable. its wroking now.