cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Backupexec 12 Job Settings

goalie
Level 3
Folks,

I am moving my backups from one server to another in a different physical location.  I was wondering if there was a way to export my present job settings in backupexec 12 to some sort of file which could be imported again when I install backupexec 12 on the new server?

Cheers
1 REPLY 1

sam_tech
Level 3
Accredited Certified

Hi,

In order to Move Backup job configuration from one server to another, stop all the Backup-exec services on the old server including the SQL SERVER (BKUPEXEC).

Navigate to the x:\program files\symantec\backup exec...COPY DATA and CATALOGS to a flash drive or onto a network share.

Install the same version of backup-exec on a different server, once its installed run the live update and make sure its fully patched.

Then on the New Server open up the BEUTILITY.EXE that will be under X:\program files\symantec\backup exec on the new server

Launch that and click on yes on the warning

Then highlight All Media servers..you will see the New server name.
Right click on that and then click on copy database and then browse to the bedb_dat.mdf that will be in the data folder and again click on browse to pick up the log file called as bedb_log.ldf..click on ok on the warning and once that process is completed it will copy all the job conFigurations over to the New Media server.

In case if you want the catalog information too then copy the backed up catalogs folder in the default directory replacing the existing one and then go to the command prompt

X:\program files\symantec\backup exec and execute CATREBUILDINDEX -R and once that process is done..all the job configuration along with the catalogs will be imported into the new installation of backup-exec.

NOTE:This procedure is applicable only if the backup revisions are same on the servers.

Regards,
Sandeep Vaishnavi