cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Exclusions

Level 3
Since we have a variety of servers we have quit a few exclusions is there a way to backup or export the exclusion list? Thanks in advance!!!
8 REPLIES 8

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

If you would like to exclude the user defined selection list then you can use the BEMCMD command with the -o506 option

ex: bemcmd -o506 -s"selection list >>"filename"

IF you would like to export the Global excludes selection list then run the similar option.

We hope this will help.

Please update us on the issue so that If the issue still persists we can troubleshoot the issue further.

If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be presumed to be answered and will be marked as assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Vidyaj__Patneka
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly update us on the issue.

Level 3
Sorry for the late response but I tried the following:

"D:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\bemcmd.exe" -o506 -s"Daily backup >>"selectionlist-bak"

And a selectionlist-bak was not created ? I'm sure I have something wrong with my syntax. And also once I do export the selection list and say the backup job get's corrupt 6 months down the road how would I re-import my backed up exclusion list?

Thanks Again,

Level 3
Any suggestions???

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Don't know why you aren't getting the export list, but you can set BackupExec to do a backup every night to a file.

If/When you wind up with a corrupt selection list, just do a "recover from backup" and point to backup donw when you know every thing was OK

Level 3
So if the job becomes corrupt I would have to restore the entire Veritas directory? I’m not really sure what you mean? I just want to make sure that if the job becomes corrupt I would be able to restore all the 350 files I have excluded.

Thanks,

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Not the whole directory, just the BEDB database.

Level 3
Well I guess if it's that easy I should be fine! I have the SQL agent loaded and it's backing up the DEDB database. Plus I think Veritas does it's own internal backup. Thanks again for the feedback.