cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed BE16 Upgrade - Schema mismatch errors after recovery

DanJ71
Level 3

During the upgrade to BE16, the SQL Server express instance was upgraded and failed miserably and left it in an usuable state. SQL Instance wouldn't start (using the defaults here..) Half the SQL 2014 binaries here, database binaries pointing there, etc, etc...Ruined my entire day.

After removing all of this and using the SQL Express media from 15, I have the instance back and I have the database restored.  The Backup Exec Server Service won't start now.  Even restoring a backup with the BEUtility I am still getting the schema mismatch errors.  So, I'm guessing this is something half-baked from BE16 - is there something in the registry that needs to be "reset" to match the BEDB?  

The specific error is Event 57804 - The Backup Exec Server Service detected a schema version mismatch

After that error I get:

Error 57802 - The Backup Exec Server Service did not start.  An internal error (-536813108) occurred in object 1.

2 REPLIES 2

Riyaj_S
Employee Accredited Certified

To fix this issue please upgrade backup exec database (BEDB) schema by running bemig :

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000032900

Thanks and Regards,

Riyaj

Did that.  The failed update rolled back to BE15 so it didn't do anything.  I restored a backup of the database that I took before the FAILED update (it is not on BE16 so no schema is required I am assuming).  This did nothing.

I opened a case still waiting for a reply on that.  Wondering if I upgrade with the SQL Express version on the BE16 media before attempting to upgrade BE to 16 will fix the issue...