cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed D2T backup in BE2014

smrolorin74
Level 2

I have Backup Exec 2014 installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server. It has Symantec Endpoint Protection installed on it. I am trying to backup Exchange 2010. I have a multi-stage backup procedure with the first stage being a full backup to a deduplication disk storage. This happens once a week. The second stage is duplicate job that duplicates the most recent full backup to tape. This happens once a month.

My full backup is succeeding with no errors. My duplicate to tape job is getting the following error:
V-79-57344-915 - Unable to complete the operation.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-1018 There is a checksum error on a database page. '

I have seen a number of posts saying that this is caused by antivirus and to exclude c:\program files\Symantec\Backup Exec and C:\TEMP\Backup Exec. I have excluded those from SEP and the error still happens. I have excluded these two locations in both the local exceptions on the BE server, and the SEPM Exceptions policy.

Any other ideas as to how I can resolve this?

Shawn

3 REPLIES 3

lmosla
Level 6

This error has also been resolved upon a reboot of the Exchange server.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
What happens when you manually duplicate this backup set to tape?

smrolorin74
Level 2

I'm not sure why a reboot of Exchange would make a difference on a duplicate backup that is taking a disk backup and copying it to tape. I have rebooted the Exchange server recently, however.

When I manually ran the backup yesterday, I got the exact same error.

Thanks,

Shawn