cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Job - oracle database

RawadBM
Level 3

Hi,

I was trying to configure a backup job for an oracle database existing on Linux server:

I installed RALUS on the remote server and configured  the AgentConfig.

The credentials were successfully tested but unfortunately the Full job Fails with the below Errors

Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server. Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that the password was typed correctly. Final error category: Security Errors

Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device

RMAN-00571: =========================================================== RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS =============== RMAN-00571: =========================================================== RMAN-03002: failure of backup plus archivelog command at 02/19/2016 15:05:09 ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="BE_09quatcb_1_1", parms="" ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error ORA-19511: non RMAN, but media manager or vendor specific failure, error text: BEError(0xe0001018) Authentication failed. Verify that the Backup Exec Agent for Windows is running on this remote computer. Verify that the authentication credentials that are specified on the Backup Exec server for this remote computer are valid.

Any Help is appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Check the TN below and see if it helps:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000020370

THanks!

Ramzi_Sehwail
Level 4

first make test credential for  the oracle user from the backup exec then check if you are adding the oracle user to the backup exec setting corretly i thing there is problem on the FQDN for the server where you adding here, i think this is the solution try to add the server to oracle setting using the name and the ip address

120px_1.png

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You don't have to repeat what is already started in the document referenced earlier