cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Status - V-79-57344-4611

mdillman_khci
Level 2

We are experiencing an issue with our VMWare backups writing to the deduplication storage. Other file level backups complete to the same deduplication storage without issue. Some files and folders were copied from another drive to the deduplication drive when the other drive was full. Those files and folders have since been moved but the VM backups continue to fail. I have ensured that the virus software is not scanning the deduplication drive and that indexing is turned off. Any other ideals on how to resolve this issue while maintaining the current backups on the deduplication drive?

Job Completed Status

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0001203 - An error occurred while creating or accessing the directory specified for this operation. Check to make sure that the B2D folder and/or the temporary path specified for this operation are valid.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-4611

Errors

V-79-57344-4611 - An error occurred creating or accessing the directory \\.pdvfs\SERVER\2\BEData\STHVMDK specified for this operation. Ensure that the directory is accessible and can be written to.

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Unfortunately, it didn't help. I am unable to locate any miscellaneous files (.ini etc.) in the BEDATA folder that could be causing the error.

Have a look at these two articles:
https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100009712
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100003876

Additionally if you disable GRT, do these VM backups work?

I rebooted the server Friday and now the VM backups are completing with exceptions.

The GRT is still failing for all of the VMs ---- v-79-57344-38721 - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images.

A known issue caused similar failures for BE 16, the fix is provided through feature pack 2

Article: Duplicate backup of VMware with GRT to Deduplication fails with error: 0xe0001203 - An error occurre...

Make sure all Feature Packs and associated Hotfixes are installed.

alejandradaduch
Level 1

Hi,

We are experiencing this failure in our BackupExec server. In particular, error is :

V-79-57344-4611 - An error occurred creating or accessing the directory \\.pdvfs\BACKUPEXEC\2\BEData\STHVMDK specified for this operation. Ensure that the directory is accessible and can be written to.

I've found that rebooting the server the issue is solved temporarily, maybe for a couple of days, then reoccur.

Any clues on what could be the problem? Thanks in advance.