cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed authentication on only ONE server

Level 3
Hi,

I recently had to reset the pw that the BE software uses.

I have 8 servers that run BE, some using v9.1 and some still using v8.6. Some of them backup just the server they run on, some of them backup workstations and other servers, as well.

I have a win2k domain. I reset the pw on the backup exec service account which is a member of the domain admin group. Then I reset the pw in all instances of BE on all the servers.

7 of them are fine with the pw change, the 8th one gives me authentication failure as soon as I try to run the job. All servers are running win2k, all are using the EXACT SAME account for BE.

Obviously I have already tried resetting the server in question but that doesnt work. I dont understand how this could work on 7 out of 8 servers, and not the 8th. It was working fine on all the servers before I reset the pw.

Suggestions?

Sharyn
2 REPLIES 2

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Could you elaborate the following in detail..

1. What is the version of Backup Exec installed on the server that gives problem? Is it 8.6 or 9.1?
2. What is the exact error message that you receive?

You can check the technote given below for details regarding change of password of the service account :

Title: How to change the user name or password of the VERITAS Backup Exec Services Account in VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/254246

After having followed these steps, in case the problem persists, send us the details regarding the problem.

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply