cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed restore from tape, strange error about network interface

Bill_Clark22
Level 3

Trying to restore a virtual machine disk from tape.  I've cataloged the tape because it was older.  Went through the restore wizard and selected to restore it to a different location which is actually a large drive directly attached to the BackupExec server.  Next, next, Finish.  It immediately errors out with this:  The Backup Exec server was unable to connect to remote machine (null) because a network interface matching the selected Backup via Network parameters could not be found. 

Um, what?  It is literally the same server the Backup Exec software is running on.  I don't see anywhere in the restore wizard that specifies a network interface.  Not sure what is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bill_Clark22
Level 3

This has been resolved.  I poked around Backup Exec and under the Settings \ Network and Security, the Network Interface field was set to "use any available interface" and the Subnet set to "use any available subnet".  I modified both of those values to what they should be, then re-ran the restore job and it is working as intended.  Not sure how those settings were reset back to default, but that appears to have been the issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bill_Clark22
Level 3

This has been resolved.  I poked around Backup Exec and under the Settings \ Network and Security, the Network Interface field was set to "use any available interface" and the Subnet set to "use any available subnet".  I modified both of those values to what they should be, then re-ran the restore job and it is working as intended.  Not sure how those settings were reset back to default, but that appears to have been the issue.