cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to acquire the minimum number of drives and media needed [TAPE NOT FULL]

SMorais
Level 3

Hello folks.

today I ran a job that should append to a appendable media (which is not full) and all my jobs are failing, it ejects the tape and asks for an overwritable media.

why is that is this media isn't full?

Job ended: Wednesday, October 04, 2017 at 10:52:10 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000f16 - The operation failed to acquire the minimum number of drives and media needed.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-3862

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If the jobs are  in different media sets then you cannot append as one of the requirements for append is that the same media set the the tape belongs to from the previous job must be used by the Append job

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Once a job has given up finding appendable media and the job switches to looking for overwritable media, the job will not run until overwritable media is provided, or the job is canceled.  BE will NOT switch back to looking for appendiable media (for that job run).

So, it is not easy to recover gracefully from an append job that cannot find appendable media, but there isn't much investigating htat can be done while the job is running.

I would suggest looking closely at your environment BEFORE the job starts to try to determine why the job doesn't append immediately.

Hi Larry.

I might have not been clear enough.

I'm trying to run another server's job and I want it to be appendable on a media that isn't full, it is in a media set that is allow append infinitely.

So, my media have been checked before and it is an appendable media for other jobs but it isn't appending and requesting an overwritable media.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If the jobs are  in different media sets then you cannot append as one of the requirements for append is that the same media set the the tape belongs to from the previous job must be used by the Append job

no way!

I'm trying this tonight. thanks a lot guys, you're awesome!