cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to log on to Microsoft Windows.

mr_jamous
Level 3

Hi,

I have Backup Exec 2010 installed on Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise, i received the following error sometimes:

"The job failed with the following error: Failed to log on to Microsoft Windows.

Ensure that your logon credentials are correctly entered and that they meet the following minimum requirements to log on to a Windows computer:

- The credentials used are a member of the Backup Operators group.

- For Windows Vista/2008 and later, the credentials have the Log on as a batch job privilege.

Additional privileges may be required to access resources on the Windows computer."

Are there any solution to solve this error completely? the credential user is a part of Domain Admin and a member of backup operaters.

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would you confirm if other requirements are met per this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH136148

mr_jamous
Level 3

It seems that the link is invalid, I read some articles shows that I need to check the GP, I checked it and the backup operator is defined at the batch logon.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Try this document 

Requirements for the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA).

You might want to follow the procedure in this document to give your BESA the necessary rights.

How to define/grant the required user rights/permissions for a Backup Exec Service Account ( BESA )

mr_jamous
Level 3

I am sure that I have the proper requirments for the Backup Exec Service Account, this issue is not daily, it appears frequently and only in the remote servers, such as AD, and Exchange.