cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing job: Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec.

Zack_2
Level 3
I know there are several other threads on this topic, but none that I feel address my situation. Recently a client we service got the following message on a failed job:

The job failed with the following error: Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec.

This is NOT a new installation and has been running fine for several months without this error. Also, only one of the three SQL backups are failing, that being the BKUPEXEC database which resides on the server Backup Exec is installed on. SQL Agent is installed with the correct license, and like I said, we've never had a problem before.

I will monitor this job tonight to see if it fails again, but any help on this would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

harmstrong
Level 5
Employee Accredited
HI Zack,

Did anything change with the backup selection list.  How did the backup work last night.

Regards,
HArmstrong
Symantec

Zack_2
Level 3
The backup ran fine last night. All I did differently was deselect the SQL database, save the job, then reselect it and it ran without trouble.