cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing my jobs for licensing I own

dhansen10
Level 3

Who else has had Veritias fail your jobs because it thinks your licensing is invalid?  Opened a case on it four days ago and they're still dodging me on it.

1 REPLY 1

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Hoping this is taken care off but if not, can you help me with below info -

what are you backing up ?

what licenses have you got on Backup Exec ? A screenshot of the license information screen will help (click on BE icon on the top left corner -> Installation and Licensing -> License information)

You can refresh the licenses by going to Installation and Licensing -> Install features and licenses on this backup exec server -> Highlight the license and remove it,disable the application and databases checkbox (**if running into this VFF error - https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Backup-Exec/Error-v-79-57344-4609-The-Backup-Exec-Virtual-File-Filter-of-... rename the 16 folder C:\ProgramData\Veritas Shared\Licenses\Backup Exec\16.0, then launching the Installation and Licensing -> Install features and licenses on this backup exec server -> re-add the licenses and then make sure the appropriate features are selected -> go ahead with install, it may ask for a reboot. Post reboot check if the issue persists. Note: Only try this step if your GRT enabled backup of AD, Exchange or any VMs are failing with error mentioned in above forum link.