cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to backup

William_Lawance
Level 6

Hi,

Please refer to screen captures, I am failure to backup some files on local drive.

Please advice.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

DarthBilly
Level 5
Employee

Can you post a screen shot of your selections? Do you get this message all the time? If so, edit the selections for the local server, first deselect all and then reselect.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The screenshot you have posted seems to show vmdk references (and VMDKs are usually associated with VMware Datastores and therefore not usually located on Windows volumes)

Are you backing up VMs to windows volumes using another application?

If yes does that other application install VSS support onto the server concerned that might be causing a conflict?

Also If yes (to using another backup app) would that other application hold some kind of lock on these files or folders or have modified the security?

You might need to run procmon whilst trying to run that backup job to see if you can isolate what is affacting the folder and file access on that volume.

Note: If a 3rd party backup application is involved it can be difficult for us to fully support the environment if a conflict is occurring between our backup product and the 3rd party one (especially as Backup Exec has an ability to backup VMware VMs)

Yes, it's VM backup by Acronics True Image.

It's destination folder of VM backup, then those files will backup to tape through BE15.

I remember no this issue previously. But suddenly happened this few weeks.

Please advice.

Thanks

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I think you need to look in the Windows Event logs and/or run procmon (set to monitor the file system of the volume) whilst trying to run the backup to see if you can isolate what is blocking access to the files or causing a probke  for VSS.

It might be somethign as simple as having to stop every Acronis Servcie in order to backuo that data.