cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False ""Backup Failed" messages and "on hold"

Not applicable
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable
"Ewan Inglis" wrote:>>We seem to complete the back-up, but all of a sudden, after the verify completes,>the job registers as failed and it goes on hold. Restores from the tape>are successful though. What the heck ???Hello EwanI work with Version 8.5.Since one week i have the same trouble.Have you ever found a solution ?I am very interested.best regardsAxel

Not applicable
Certain conditions will cause BU Exec to mark a job as failed even though it was 99% successful. If, for example, someone on the LAN keeps the network stored Outlook file open (outlook.pst), the job will fail.There are registry hacks (on the BE server) to prevent these kind of problems causing the jobs to be marked as failed. Search Veritas site, you'll find it.t"Axel Wodrig" wrote in message news:41dac800@ROSASTDMZ05....>> "Ewan Inglis" wrote:>>>>We seem to complete the back-up, but all of a sudden, after the verify >>completes,>>the job registers as failed and it goes on hold. Restores from the tape>>are successful though. What the heck ???>> Hello Ewan>> I work with Version 8.5.> Since one week i have the same trouble.> Have you ever found a solution ?> I am very interested.>> best regards> Axel