cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulting application pvlsvr.exe

Sidorenko_Andre
Level 3
From yesterday start receive errors: Faulting application pvlsvr.exe, version 12.5.2213.170, time stamp 0x4ba0de26, faulting module pvlsvr.exe, version 12.5.2213.170, time stamp 0x4ba0de26, exception code 0xc0000409, fault offset 0x0000000000190ab9, process id 0x19c0, application start time 0x01cb3922bc6d9955 At now i can`t make backup on HP LTO library, can`t inventory library. Library is good. After restart all Backup Exec services pvlsvr generate error again.
7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

pvlsrv.exe controls your library...when that fails, you get your access error.
From my side, I would take a look at the tech article below. It references BE 11d, but it might very well address your issue as well:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/301145.htm

Furthermore, an update to the latest BE service pack/patches would also help, as your issue might be addressed through that!

Laters!

Sidorenko_Andre
Level 3
All BE services except BE Remote agent for windows server start with domain Adminstrator login and nobody change logon information. All updates and patches are installed

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Make sure the removable storage service is set as Disabled .
Have seen sometime Hp Library mangment tool conflicting with backup exec

Sidorenko_Andre
Level 3
I didn`t have Removable Storage service on my Backup Exec servers. As i know 2008 server didn`t have this service.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Have you rebooted the server?  Does pvlsvr.exe crash all by itself?  If so, how soon after BE services are started.  If not, what triggers the crash?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
OK...a couple of other things you can do:

1. Run a repair on BE.
2. Check your antivirus to make sure that it has excluded the BE services from being scanned (http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/332005.htm <-- this is for McAfee, but you can use the same exclusions)
3. Run a repair of your BE DB through BEutility.exe and see if that fixes anything.
4. Completely remove the library from BE 2010 and Windows Server 2008, and then readd if after a reboot.
5. Download the latest device drivers for BE 2010, and patch your installation.

Laters!

Sidorenko_Andre
Level 3
I try to fix BE as you wrote, but nothing changed.
At now i remove BE 12.5 and install 2010 and recreate all jobs.