Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback to people that matter, about BE2012

networkn
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi There!

I have to say, as a partner managing dozens of small sites with Backup Exec, the new Interface is horrible. The new Server based focus is much less suitable, it takes more clicks to get information that previously I had on the jobs page and the summary view which has red or green indicators isn't a useful thing, because it doesn't reflect that 1 of 4 jobs to that server on that day have failed. Add to this that now backing up something like exchange is handled as a separate job instead of just a source in the job definition, things are very ugly.

I am wondering the following things:

1) Who do I give constructive feedback to, where it will be given to the people who decide about changes to the product going forward.

2) When is SP1 due?

3) Will SP1 likely contain UI Enhancements?

2 REPLIES 2

teiva-boy
Level 6

Voicing your concern here is a good start.  Product Management needs to know about this and get out of their lunch and learn events and actually hear real-world feedback.

As a parnter, I would reach out to both your Channel Manager, and also your local SE if you know him/her.  Have them reiterate "to the SYmIQ Forums," that you are displeased and want to speak to a PM.

The SymIQ forums are an internal forum Symantec employees use to get info on products from resident experts and product managers.  It's a great way for an SE to vent and get on a black list with irritating questions.  (I've been that guy...)  But ask enough times, you get answers.  So pester your local account team, and this forum and get some visibility going.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

I am not sure when SP1 will be out and what changes will be made to the UI but if you want to suggest

anything for the product improvement or if you have any ideas for better implementation than you may

post the same in the IDEA's column of the connect site. Refer to the below link.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/node/add/idea?add_context=711