cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filemaker 5.5 Server & Backup Exec 10d

Andrew_Anthony
Level 2
Does anyone know what the best way is to backup a Filemaker 5.5 Server. At present we have an automated script that makes a copy of the files and puts them into a backup folder. We then backup this folder.

I have tried doing a full backup of the filemaker files and folders but get a fail telling me that the files are in use, corrupt and can not be backed up.

However since upgrading from BE 8.6 to BE 10d, when we backup the backup we created we get the following message:

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\QUAY\D:". Advanced Open File Option used: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
AOFO: The required module VSPAPI.dll cannot be found. The Advanced Open File Option may not be properly installed. Reinstall this option, restart the computer, and then run the job again.

We only have one copy of the AOFO which is used on out file server.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Many Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

--Does this Filemaker 5.5 Server Software install its own Database ?
--Have you installed AOFO on this server also ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Andrew_Anthony
Level 2
Hi

The system does have it's own database files that it runs from. I haven't installed AOFO due to the fact the files it is set to backup are offline copies of the database as far as I am concerned. When we had BE 8 installed we never had this problem the files just backed up as normal.