cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files System - Restore

phoenigs
Level 3

Hi all

I did some full backups to disk (just files, no databases etc.) with file agent from a file server

to my backup server.

The backup finished without errors, but when I try to restore some files,

there is nothing to restore. Only a some folders called "DfsrPrivate".

not more.

What can I do?

Best regards,

Peter

7 REPLIES 7

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

DFSR needs backing up by the Shadow Copy Components and not by drive letter

As such what did you backup?

phoenigs
Level 3

I do not want to backup the DFSR, just files and folders.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

If you are only seeing 'DfsrPrivate' in restore selection, it means that you attempted to backup DFSR data. Like Colin earlier explained it needs to be backed up using Shadow Copy components.

Colin_Weaver

Just to clarify DFSR data is files and folders that are maned by DFSR for resplication between servers. Just because they are visible on a drive letter does not mean they should not be protected with the correct type of backup job and not a standard file and folder backup.

phoenigs
Level 3

I did another backup with the settings attached.

Only DFSRPrivate is available for restore.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

The screenshot doesnt really provide information about what data you backed up and from where. As a test, backup the entire C drive of that same server and see if you are able to view it in restore selections. Also, perform a backup of shadow copy components and see if you find the folders in the restore view.

phoenigs
Level 3

what I just found out:

if I do a backup with remote backup agent installed on the fileserver I just can restore empty folders,

if I do the same backup on shares on the fileserver, every works fine. I can restore files.