Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xa000feab - Corrupt data encountered

David_C_3
Level 3
Hi All,

I am getting the following error:
Final error: 0xa000feab - Corrupt data encountered - See job log for details.

Job Details are as follows:
Backup - \\INC01\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group Error, Unable to open \ because it is currently being backed up by another process.
Database or database element is corrupt
Error, Unable to open \ because it is currently being backed up by another process.
Error, Unable to open \ because it is currently being backed up by another process.

I can't find anything in the knowledge base to answer this error. I also can't find any other processes that are backuing up the file while Veritas attempts. Any suggestions?

Version 10.
Open File Agent
Exchange Agent.

Thanks for the help.
9 REPLIES 9

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Review this technote:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265159.htm

Also, try disabling any realtime anti virus protection you may be running. Corrupt data sometimes is a message generated by BE when an anti-virus program is messing around with emails.

David_C_3
Level 3
This seems to be only an option on 2003. The server is running SBS 2000. I can't find a similiar setup option, as I believe shadow copy is new to win 2003.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Yeah, most of the trouble shooting I have seen for this issue is with 2003. Hmm. Are you backing up anything else in this job besides the exchange information store?

David_C_3
Level 3
Backing up the entire system. C and D drives, system state, exchange...

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Place this job on hold and create a new one which backs up only the Exchange Information Store, nothing else. See if that runs through, if it does then something else in the selection list is the culprit.

If the IS only job works, verify in your original job that the IS is not listed under System State or anything similar. I am not too familiar with SBS, so not sure where else to look.

David_C_3
Level 3
Will try that. I will setup a stand alone job. If it works then I will append another job to the tape for the rest of the backup.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Let me know what you find. Anything I can pick up about SBS is good. :)

Good luck!

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
This is caused by different versions of ESEBCLI2.dll
To resolve

1.Perform a search for esebcli2.dll on the Exchange server

2. You should find two, the first located in windows\system32 and the second in Exchsvr\bin
3. Rename the esebcli2.dll to .old in the windows\system32 directory.
4. Copy the esebcli2.dll from the Exchsvr\bin directory to the windows\system32 directory.
3. Stop and start all the Backup Exec services.

We hope this helps. Let us know if the problem still exists and revert back with the error message.

Adam_Smith
Not applicable
I have exactly the same error message, Running Windows 2000 Server not SBS.

Unfortunately there is no esebcli2.dll in the windows\system32 directory.
The version number of the dll sitting in the exchsvr/bin dir is 6.5.6944.0 and the version of Backup Exec is 9.1 Rev 4691

Backup - \\SERVERA\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group Error, Unable to open \ because it is currently being backed up by another process.
Verify - \\FILESERVERA\C: Storage device "DELL 1" reported an error on a request to read data from media.

Error reported:
The semaphore timeout period has expired.