cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe0000352 - The specified volume does not exist

Rick23
Level 2

I have seen similar posts to my problem but still have not been able to get past this problem.

We had a drive fail, it has since been dismounted and deleted and new backup job created, but it seems this failed E: drive is still the Culprit.

V-79-57344-850 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "System?State". Snapshot technology used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot technology error (0xE0000352): The specified volume does not exist. Recreate the volume, and then try the job again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rick23
Level 2

There is nothing out of the ordinary in event viewer. We were able to get a successful Full backup by adding the drive back we removed. It is resolved for now.

Thank you

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check the TN out below and see if this helps you at all:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH136185

Thanks!

Rick23
Level 2

I do not think this is related, since our volume is a local resource.

lmosla
Level 6

Even though this is a new job, check to make sure the drive isnt still being picked up by going to the job properties and in  Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and if the drive is listed, then select and delete it.

also see if this is applies:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136185

Rick23
Level 2

The new job does not have the E: as a selection. I am having VSS errors and I am wondering how to clean up VSS, perhaps it is still trying to point to the removed volume.

PS. all the writers are stable

lmosla
Level 6

In the Event viewer do you see any errors that occur at the time of the backup job?

also a reboot may clear the errors.

Rick23
Level 2

There is nothing out of the ordinary in event viewer. We were able to get a successful Full backup by adding the drive back we removed. It is resolved for now.

Thank you