cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe0000f16 - The operation failed to acquire the minimum number of drives and media needed.

randy915
Level 4

I'm attempting to run a newly created Active Directory back-to-disk job on Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP3 but getting this strange error:

Final error: 0xe0000f16 - The operation failed to acquire the minimum number of drives and media needed.

V-79-57344-33064 - Error - Mount failed.
No targeted devices were found that support the drive features selected by the job. The job has been...

Notes:

- In Devices and Media, device is set to a newly created backup-to-disk folder
- When this job begins: Append to media, overwrite if no appendable media is available
- Rebooted BE server
- Installed latest remote agent on domain controller
- Have a duplication job linked to a write to tape (I got the error prior to creating this dupe job)

Any ideas?

Randy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

randy915
Level 4

OK I figured it out - I turned off encryption and the job began to run.  I'm doing duplication to a LTO3 which may not support the encryption hardware encryption I usually use.

Case closed, thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

lmosla
Level 6

In the job properties is the media set selected?

randy915
Level 4

Yeah I have it set to a custom media set "Allow Overwrite (1 week)".

lmosla
Level 6

Try recreating the job's selection list to make sure all the selections are accessible.

randy915
Level 4

OK I figured it out - I turned off encryption and the job began to run.  I'm doing duplication to a LTO3 which may not support the encryption hardware encryption I usually use.

Case closed, thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Since you are backing up to disk, you should specify overwrite in your job.  There is no advantage in appending to disk media.